Thursday 10 July 2014

Svelte Chicken Lives.... because of May Drummond

I moved with my family to New Zealand in 1974. Nan came out to NZ a couple of times. Although I was young I can still remember and picture her.

Two things I can clearly remember:
Nan cooking Stacey and I boiled eggs and buttie soldiers, watching the wrong hand on the clock (hours not minutes) and the resulting eggs being so hard that the soldiers were unable to be dipped. I can remember thinking it seemed to be taking ages, and Nan putting butter into the yoke to give us something to dip into. Stacey was not happy..

Playing cards with Nan. Nan loved to play card games, I can’t remember how to play them now (names like twopence halfpenny (excuse spelling)) I do remember having a great time and being able to see her cards reflected in her glasses…… I can remember her face when she figured it out.

This is a picture of me with my Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment