Wednesday 9 July 2014

Svelte Chicken Lives.... for romantic walks of the beach at sunset....

Ask me what makes me happy, you will probably get the reply chippies…

Ask me what my favourite thing to do is and I will normally reply, romantic walks on the beach at sunset. It sounds like a fantastic thing to do doesn’t it? My Darling certainly thinks it is, and she is looking forward to the day we actually do it….

It gets a strange looks from people when asked what I like to do and I reply “romantic walks on the beach at sunset” and then even stranger if Paula happens to be there and they find out that we haven’t actually done that yet. Still it’s nice to have goals…..
I don’t really like too much sun, I can’t say I am too fond of the beach either…. Still I like the idea of being at the beach going for a walk with my darling (at sunset, romantic? or too hot during the day??) I choose romantic….

There are different versions of this theme….. One of these is:

I am sitting on the beach looking thoughtfully out to sea, “contemplating my lot” (as Granddad does on the side of the bath tub…) The sun is setting, I look to discover the meaning of life (or what ever it is we do when we sit on the side of the bathtub).  I finish the last of my burger rings, it’s my birthday or some other special occasion (I am not allowed these chippies normally because of the higher saturated fat content) any way, the realisation of the last burger ring hits me, it makes me focus on the light of my life walking towards me along the beach in a windswept and gorgeous way. She has a couple of glasses of wine (actually I would be happier with a bottle of beer) we have a quick drink, I wash down the taste of the burger rings (my darling hates them, she thinks they are evil smelling little things..) we admire the sun setting for a few moments, and then go for a walk.
Nice..

Life seems to be a bit too busy to realise this dream at the moment, the kids are growing up so fast (Sam is 14 and now allowed to baby sit!). Still, the days are busy, the beach is 40 minutes away, and at the moment a romantic walk with puppies around the block will have to do.

You can find romance anywhere, if you look hard enough…

No comments:

Post a Comment