Wednesday 9 July 2014

Svelte Chicken Lives.... for our family's christmas tree tradition

16/12/2012

It’s Christmas again (2012 !!)

Christmas is well and truly on the way at our house when we put up our Christmas tree.
At our house we put the Christmas tree up after Dan’s Birthday (6/12). Up until that time (or after he has his party which can be the weekend after his actual birthday) we do not put up Christmas decorations because the focus is on him.

We put our tree up yesterday 15 December.
Our tradition is to have just us there, listen to Christmas music, (unfortunately it seems to be the only Christmas CD we can find when we need it). We record the occasion, it would normally take about the same say 25 minutes. So what that means is once a year we hear the same 1/2 dozen songs. The second song that plays I have to say I don’t like at all, but as it’s being recorded, and I never remember until it’s too late, I pretend not to let it bother me. If I recall, I think Grandma likes it, and no one else seems to mind it.

It is normally hot, the sun is shining, and we are in the lounge decorating the tree with our santa hats on (+ other mandatory items of clothing).

It is great fun, and I must say our Christmas lights this year, that we bought last year (in the sales) look fantastic.
If you don’t already, I do think it is a good idea to take plenty of movies of this type of thing, it really does show the passage of time well. It is also great fun to look back and remember, it is time you can never get back.

Merry Christmas
If you look closely you will see the tree, isn’t it magnificent….
In front of the magnificent Christmas tree
Here is an action shot……
I am putting a sock my Nan knitted me on the tree (a treasured decoration)


I love decorating the Christmas tree with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment