Thursday 10 July 2014

Svelte Chicken Lives.... "not for puncture wounds"

20/2/2013

“Not for puncture wounds” it states it quite clearly on the can of solarcain first aid foam.

A very good friend of mine showed up last weekend. We went to college together and became good friends. Chris unfortunately lives in Wales (the country, not the mammal) where he has been for a number of years now, in fact he has been overseas for more years than years we have actually spent time together. Any way, it all sounds a bit girlie but he is a real friend (if you know what I mean).
We have had a lot of fun over the years, and done a few stupid things (as you tend to when you are younger). When he does show up we just pick up from where we left off, although I must say we are both looking a bit older and it’s probably a good idea that my motorbike hasn’t run for the last five years… (In saying that though I must get it going someday, perhaps by the next time he comes back?)

Dart catching anyone?
Equipment:
Darts/ Wood/ Strapping/ Two idiots who fancy themselves as ninja and able to catch a dart in the block of wood….

Basic Technique:
Strap block of wood to hand, throw dart to ninja at the end of the garden, catch dart in block of wood,   remove dart, throw dart back to the better looking ninja (me), catch in block of wood
Suggestion, make sure block of wood is big enough to cover your whole hand.
Advanced technique:
(We never tried this, we came to our senses after our injuries)

Both ninja throw a dart at the same time and watch in awe as the darts cross somewhere in the middle of the garden….

Anyway with manly giggles and ooohhhing and aahhhing (as ninja do..) we were successfully catching darts thrown to each other. We should have realised things were going wrong when a dart came towards me, I stretched to it, the block of wood wasn’t quite big enough to cover my finger poking out past the end of the wood and the dart nicked me under the nail, not much blood so my turn…..

A different technique, a high arching lob…. The ninja at the end of the garden was almost magnificent, manoeuvring his block of wood towards the ark of the dart, nope he missed (of course he insists it was the darts fault), the dart was stuck in his calf muscle, right up to the hilt.

Once I had finished laughing, we realised that perhaps we should do something about cleaning the wound, real ninja probably aren’t susceptible to tetanus,  Chris can’t catch a dart, so he’s not a real ninja, where’s the detol….

I know, “we have this first aid foam that is good, it’s also good for sunburn”. Chris took the can and squirted the foam at/into the wound….

Then he read the can
“Not for puncture wounds…..”

It still makes me laugh, I can see it as if it was yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment